Melbourne bars Black Pearl and EDV getting nominations, as well as Sydney bars The Roosevelt, and newcomer Bulletin Place both among the finalists. Sydneysiders Sven Almenning and Jason Crawley are nominated, as well as Nick Reed from Melbourne’s 1806 along with your very own Australian Bartender Magazine for Best Cocktail Writing (Publication).
The Australian winner of the Disaronno Mixing Star comp has been revealed, with the title going to Nick Selvadurai from Melbourne’s Cookie. A glitzy event was held at theloft Wednesday night, hosted by actress Gracie Otto. On offer that night were three drinks selected by the judges that were put up for the People’s Choice Award part of the competition.
It’s that time of year people — in just four months’ time the country’s biggest and most challenging bartending competition will get underway. Australian Bartender is proud to announce that this year’s competition will be sponsored by ABSOLUT ELYX and Havana Club, both from the Pernod Ricard stable of brands.
Kansei Beverages and 3R Tequila are sending four lucky bartenders to Mexico this November to visit the 3R distillery, and whilst you are there 3R Tequila will be throwing a Mexican beach party. One lucky competition winner will be chosen based on the amount of Like’s they receive on their cocktail, which will be posted on Kansei’s Facebook page.
The folks at Posi Pour are inviting bars to get creative and submit a signature cocktail using their range of 1883 Gourmet French Syrups. The winning signature cocktail will be showcased in Australian Bartender’s Staffies page along with the bartender’s name and venue. The winning bar will pick up a dozen 1883 Gourmet French Syrups of their choice while the bartender who came up with the drink will receive a gift bag of assorted bar utensils.
It’s never been so good to be a bartender. Just look at the endless supply of competitions to enter with mind-blowing prizes, and the fantastic array of drinks brands that now are available. But be careful of the subversive sell…
For your chance to win a trip to Venice and to mix with the stars, have a crack at the 2013 Disaronno Global Cocktail Competition.
Yes, it’s that time of year again. Voting for the Australian Bartender Bar Awards is now open — head to barweek.com.au to lodge your vote now!
The Australian Bartender magazine Bartender of the Year Competition, sponsored by Ketel One, is a bartending challenge that always throws up a few surprises. 2012 proved to be no exception with the calibre of bartenders involved proving to be outstandingly high.
Our wrap up of the Appleton Estate Bartender Challenge and chat with the winner, Jamie Chesher.
The Australian Bar Awards once again recognises the best in the Aussie bar scene!
Over 1800 people rolled through the doors for Bar Week Drinks Fest trade day and kept the party going at the dinners and events!
The Top 10 Bartenders 2012!!!
More in this category:
- WIN one of 10 tickets to the ABSOLUT Bartender Brunch!
- 50 unlimited Drinks Fest theatre passes to win!
- Win a double pass to Drinks Fest for your friends!
- Countdown to the Bartender of the Year Final
- Who will be the Stella Artois World Draught Master 2012?
- Bartender of the Year Competition 2012 – only days left to enter!
- Global Rematch Beeyatch
- Bartender of the Year -Take the Test
- Record Turn Out for The Bartender of the Year Competition – Top 20 Announced!
- Angostura Cocktail Challenge Update
- Win a trip to Trinidad with Angostura!
- Appleton Estate Tiki Mug Competition
- Calling all Canberra bartenders!
- Tim Philips is World Class
- Bartender Magazine Bartender of the Year Competition
- Angostura’s Global Cocktail Competition Australian Final
- Australian Angostura Global Cocktail Competition
- Schweppes’ Finds Australia’s Top Five G&Ts
- The Ketel One Hundred Club – Winner’s Videos
- Last Chance to Win a Trip to London!
- Woodford Reserve’s Cocktail Derby Crowns National Champ
- Ultrapour’s Professional Announces Finalists
- World Class Announces Australian Champ
- Australian World Class Finalists Announced!
- Last Man Standing – The Magnificent 7 Champion Crowned
- Schweppes Search for Australia’s Best G&T
- The Woodford Reserve Cocktail Derby
- Team USA Take Out 42 Below Cocktail World Cup
- 42 Below Cocktail World Cup… all the action!
- Ultrapour’s Professional 2010
- Bartender of the Year 2010
- Copper Cup Finalists Announced!
- Behind Bars Trivia is Back!
- World Class Vodka Martini Award winners
- Smirnoff Black Copper Cup Semis
- World Class Update
- BARTENDER: 2009 Bartender of the Year, Chris Hysted
- VIDEO: Bartender Magazine Most Influential Party!
- VIDEO: The Craft 2009 Masterclass Trailer
- World Class Vodka Entries: Close November 30
- Tim Philips wins UK Bartender of the Year in CLASS Awards
- Entries for the 42 Below Cocktail World Cup Close Tomorrow
- Last Chance to Enter Copper Cup
- The G’Vine Connoisseur Program
- Suntory Cup Finds 2009′s Greatest Mix
- Appleton Estate Launches Summer of Tiki
- Australia’s Best Bartender!
- Copper Cup Ambassadors Announced
- Dylan Eisenhut Crowned Australia’s Best Beer Pourer
- Suntory Cup Invites You to Be the Judge
- The Smirnoff Black Copper Cup is Back
- 42 Below Cocktail World Cup 2010 Launches at Sydney BarShow
- VIDEO: World Cocktail Week Australia 2009
- Tales of the Cocktail Awards Announced
- Greece is World Class
- C’mon Adi… All the latest from Diageo World Class
- Australian Bartender of the Year 2009