A couple of weeks back we brought you a look at the latest menu to land at Fremantle bar, Strange Company. We liked that the cocktail list at Strange Company is tight and to the point: “when the list runs at a dozen cocktails or less, there’s no need for filler. It’s also simpler for the guest to work out what they want quickly, and when you’re as busy as Strange Company gets, you want to make the process as easy as possible,” we wrote.
The drinks list was overseen by talented bartender Elise Godwin, whom you may know from such stories as this one about LOLLA (Ladies of Liquor and Larder Australia), a female hospitality advocacy group based in Perth.
She’s also come up with the spec for this recipe here, the Royal Unicorn, which features on the Strange Company list. Check it out below.
- 20 ml The West Winds Sabre Gin
- 20 ml mandarin-infused Cocchi Americano
- 20 ml manzanilla sherry
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 1 thyme sprig (to garnish)
- Stir down all ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a thyme sprig and two drops of dill olive oil.