Hayley Dixon, Proximo Australia’s Tequila Specialist, who has been slinging drinks on the bar scene since she was legally able to, practices what she preaches; making simple, seasonal drinks with intention behind every ingredient. “Add correct temperature and attention to dilution and you have yourself a perfect drink,” she says.
- 35 ml Jose Cuervo Tradicional Reposado
- 15 ml dark rum (plus extra to float)
- 15 ml banana liqueur
- 15 ml wattle seed caramel
- 50 ml pineapple
- 10 ml lime
- Split milk (for clarification)
- Pre-batch all the ingredients together in a container, pour in milk and leave overnight to clarify and separate.
- Strain out the milk and serve in a double rocks glass over block ice.
- Garnish with candied banana and a rum float.