Matt Whiley is known for his creative take on cocktails, using any number of techniques behind the scenes to preserve and extend flavour so that when he and his team at Scout Sydney dish up a drink, it’s going to be two things: first and foremost, a delicious drink; and two, something you’ve never had before.
That’s exactly what they do with this Week Nite recipe here.
- 25 ml clarified strawberry juice
- 25 ml mandarin peel Bundaberg Small Batch Rum
- 5 ml Cocchi Di Torino Vermouth
- 10 ml Pennyweight oloroso sherry
- 5 ml chipotle rainforest tamarind liqueur
- 3.75 ml mandarin vinegar
- 5 drops malic acid solution
- 2 drops saline solution
- Stir down ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled Nick & Nora glass.
- Garnish with eucalyptus.
Recipe from Scout Sydney.
For the clarified strawberry juice, take 2kg strawberries and 2ml Pectinex and blend. Centrifuge for 30 mins. Collect liquid, strain, and bottle.
For the malic acid solution, weigh 20% of total water, dissolve, bottle.