If you get to enough bar industry events — as likely many of you do — you may have noticed one great incongruity: despite this being the bar industry, and despite the many skills present in the industry, the drinks at events can be, well, kinda sucky.
So you can picture our satisfaction when we sipped on this banger from the team at Eau de Vie Sydney during the Future Spirits Talks, the first event of Sydney Bar Week. The drink is designed to highlight the whisky, sure, but boy does it pack in the flavour.
Get a look at the recipe here, check out all the action from Sydney Bar Week the November issue, and pay the team at Eau de Vie a visit the next time you’re in town.
Your palate won’t be disappointed.
Wattleseed Old Fashioned
- 40 ml Bunnahabhain Stiuireadair
- 7.5 ml Muscat reduction with wattle seed, black pepper, brown sugar
- 2 dash Angostura aromatic bitters
- 2 dashes Miracle Mile Bitters Co. toasted pecan bitter
- Stir down all ingredients and garnish with a salted almond praline.
Adapted from a recipe at Eau de Vie Sydney.