The Blend announces an exciting collaboration with the World’s 50 Best Bars for aspiring bartenders!
The winner will receive an expenses-paid opportunity to gain invaluable work experience in two of the most renowned bars, in London and New York!
In partnership with World’s Best 50 Bars, The Blend is offering a once in a life time opportunity where you could see yourself jet-setting off to London and New York – gaining invaluable work experience in two iconic cities that are not only innovation leaders in the industry, but host some of the world’s best bars.
SCHOLARSHIP PRIZE PROGRAM:
The Connaught Bar, London; two-time winner of The World’s Best Bar title (2020, 2021) and Katana Kitten, New York; previous winner of the Best New Opening Award (2019) and currently ranked No.10 in The World’s 50 Best Bars 2021, have partnered with The Blend to enable this epic prize to one lucky winner.
- Applications will open on 19th May via The World’s 50 website and close on 20th June (GMT). So technically 21st June our time!
- Open to ALL Australian Hospitality professionals, with under 3 years experience behind the bar.
The entry theme is Future Positive; an ambition to cultivate practices and attitudes that will have a positive impact for the planet, for your guests and the hospitality community.
From taking a low waste or local approach to ingredients, always adapting to consumption habits and pushing for greater diversity, as well as better representation, and balance within workplaces; applicants will show a readiness to contribute to this outlook in their bartending career.
HOW TO ENTER:
- You must be over the age of 21 (to be legal in the USA for 2023 Jan if you win).
- Must have less than three (3) years’ experience behind the bar.
- Round One: applicants will be asked to share their vision of Future Positive in a video format centred around The Blend’s purpose to make a positive impact on our industry.
Small or large changes make an impact.
We invite you, as a bartender to submit an idea on how you would innovate or change the norm to drive hospitality to be more responsible, inclusive, and long lasting.
An idea that paves the way and future proofs our industry.
A total of 25 applicants will be selected to go through to Round Two. This initiative invites bartenders across the globe to enter their video via 50 Best.
- Round Two: The Top 25 will be asked to design a drink inspired by the theme and that heroes one local ingredient as well as documenting the research, development and process that goes into making their chosen Entry must use ROKU or Sipsmith Gin.
- Round Three: Top 3 – Pack your bags, you’re off to the awards! A brand-new exciting location will be revealed soon!
The final stage will involve an interview with our industry mentor judges– and then you will be hosted at The World’s 50 Best Bars 2022 ceremony, where the winner will be announced, and the work experience will take place Early 2023.
- Applications will open on 19th May on
- For the rules and exclusive content to support you with your application visit theblend.world/en-au/news/50best-landing-page
MORE INFORMATION TO HELP YOUR ENTRY INSPIRATION:
Being part of the global bartending community is all at once exciting, challenging, and ever-changing. We have the power to create unforgettable moments for our guests, while innovating and driving our industry forward – building for a better future. A small change made by one may not seem significant. But every conscious decision, every individual who stands for something more, and every what if moment helps move the industry move forward – making it more responsible, inclusive, and long-lasting for everyone. Future Positive from The Blend by Beam Suntory, is an ambition to cultivate practices and attitudes that will have a positive impact for our guests and the communities we’re part of – today, and beyond. Whether it’s taking a low waste or local approach to ingredients, or pushing for greater diversity, better representation, and balance within our workplaces. A decision by one can mean positive change for many. The focus of this competition is an ambition to cultivate practices and attitudes that will have a positive impact for the planet, for guests and the hospitality community. From taking a low waste or local approach to ingredients, always adapting to consumption habits – and pushing for greater diversity, better representation, and balance within workplaces, fuelling their ambition, applicants will show a readiness to contribute to this outlook in their bartending career.
Follow The Blend
- Become a member of The Blend to unlock access to the inspiring programme By Hospitality, For Hospitality at theblend.world
- Instagram: @theblendworld
- Facebook: @theblendworld