Voting for the Bar Awards 2022 is now open and we really want you to get involved. These awards are determined by your votes. Voting closes 31 May (11.59PM AEST) so tell your staff and your hospo friends to get over here and vote.
How the voting works:
- This year, as always, the finalists in each category will be determined by the bar industry’s vote. Only those who work in bars and for brands may vote.
- This year we have scrapped the drop-down lists, so you will need to enter your own nomination. You must vote in every category marked with an asterisk for your vote to count.
- The finalists will be announced in the July issue of Australian Bartender and online here at australianbartender.com.au.
- The top 10 finalists in each of the categories will then be reviewed and voted on by their peers — that is, the other finalists — to determine the winners in each category.
- How does this work? Once the finalists have been announced in the July issue of the magazine, we’ll be in touch with all finalists to ask them to rank the bars and operators in the next round of voting. In this round, sponsors will also cast another vote.
- The winners in each category will be awarded on Wednesday, 7 September at the Australian bar industry’s night of nights, the Bar Awards, at Doltone House in Sydney during Sydney Bar Week (3-7) September. Visit sydneybarweek.com.au for updates.
- Voting opens next Tuesday, 1 March and goes until 11:59pm AEST on May 31 2022. Voting is open to bar industry professionals only (so no, the general public doesn’t get a vote).
- Voting works best on a desktop or laptop.
The 21st Annual Bartender Magazine Bar Awards forms part of the 5-day Sydney Bar Week line-up (3-7 September) and is the grand finale event. Make sure you sign up to the newsletter at sydneybarweek.com.au and stay up-to-date with all Sydney Bar Week & Bar Awards news.
It’s on track to be a great year. To discuss sponsorship for Sydney Bar Week and Bar Awards email email@example.com.
Sydney Bar Week sponsorship is exclusive to Bartender magazine advertisers.