Recipe by Evan Stroeve, Bulletin Place, Sydney.
For the Riberry/Lemon Myrtle Kombucha
- 1 SCOBY 10% “Sour Mash” (liquid from a previous batch)
- 1000ml dechlorinated water
- 2 black tea bags
- raw sugar (13.5 Brix)
- 500g riberries
- 500g sugar
- lemon myrtle leaves and flowers
- Boil water to dechlorinate.
- Bring to room temperature.
- Infuse Tea and remove.
- Add sugar to 13.5 brix.
- Add 10% “Sour Mash” by weight.
- Add SCOBY.
- Leave to primary ferment for 1 week, or until you are happy with the sweet/sour balance.
- Fine strain, reserving SCOBY and some mother for next batch
- Cook riberries and sugar sous vide for 2 hours at 70 degrees.
- Brew a Lemon Myrtle Tea/Tisane.
- Combine Riberry Syrup and Lemon Myrtle Tisane to taste.
- Add 4 parts kombucha to 1 part Riberry/Lemon Myrtle.
- Bottle in PET bottles and bottle condition for 3-5 days.
- Pour and enjoy!
Lasts for 1 Week, chilled.