Earlier this year, Patrón Tequila embarked on a pursuit of perfection for the search of Australia’s Patrón Perfectionist for 2017. Attracting admissions for an exceptionally high calibre of venues, the top 18 entries that have been selected by Patrón will shake it out at their respective regional heats in order to progress to the National Finals.
Returning for the second year, the 2017 Patrón Perfectionists competition is a global competition where Patrón Tequila searches through eighteen countries tasting cocktails created by thousands of bartenders displaying their cocktail knowledge and craft using the world’s finest ultra premium tequilas, Patrón.
The Australian regional heats will be held in early September 2017 in Sydney (4th September at Gilt Lounge, QT Sydney), Brisbane (5th September at Elixir Rooftop Bar) and Perth (11th September at Late Night Valentine). Each bartender will battle it out in front of a panel of distinguished judges that will decide the winning cocktail on appearance, originality, service and most importantly flavour.
Congratulations to the talented 18 bartenders who will be attending the regional finals in September:
- David Burrows, Rooftop at QT, VIC – The Sorrento
- Holly Ingram, Molly, ACT – Pollen and Funk
- Andrew Macleod, Pocket Bar, NSW – Bush Margarita
- Andrea Marseglia, Boilermaker House, VIC – The Sunrise
- Harry Saunders, The Lobo Plantation, NSW – Imperial Essence
- Wenyu Wang, NOLA Smokehouse and Bar, NSW – Blossom of Agave
- Alex Archibald, Seamstress, VIC – El Rey Hornet
- Joseph Chisholm, Seymour’s Cocktails and Oysters, QLD – The Humble Bee
- Nathaneal Gonelli, Blackbird, QLD – Seafoam Sgroppino
- Joshua O’Brien, The Bowery, QLD – Shepherd’s Delight
- Giovanni Moschen, Caffé e Cucina, VIC – The Calabaza en Tacha
- Jack Stacey, The Gresham, QLD – La Reina
- Jameson Gregg, Maybe Mae, SA – El Naranja Cactus
- Mitchell Gurrin, The Dominion League, WA – Bees on the Breeze
- Claire McDaid, The Norfolk, WA – Saul Alvarez
- David Robinson, Hot Tamale, NT – The Last Frontier
- Dimitri Rtshiladze, Mechanics Institute, WA – Agrio Aguacate
- Karl Soproni, El Publico, WA – Jalisco Blossom
The regional winners will be announced following the heats in early September 2017. They will then go into the running to win the national finals on the 14th October in Melbourne.