“Bar Culture for the Professional and Passionate”
Now in its 11th year Sydney Bar Week (formally known as Sydney BarShow Week) has established itself as the country’s premier event for bars and hospitality professionals. In an exciting new development for 2012 Sydney Bar Week will be offering a dedicated ‘Consumer Day’ as well as the usual dedicated ‘Trade Day’ which will offer exhibitors and suppliers access to hundreds of enthusiastic consumers who are keen to learn about premium spirits, wines and beers.
“After a decade of being Australia’s leading bar trade event we saw an opportunity to expand the trade only format and incorporate a host of consumer focused activities to help educate todays enthusiastic consumers who are keen to learn more about premium drinks.” David Spanton – Managing Director Spanton Media Group.
As well as this development Sydney Bar Week promises to once again set the standard for events, networking opportunities and industry education – so take note of the important dates.
Important September Dates for Sydney Bar Week:
- Saturday, 22 – ‘Get Shucked Lunch’
- Saturday 22 – Cocktail Degustation Dinner
- Sunday, 23 – Absolut Bloody Mary Bartender Brunch
- Sunday, 23 – Consumer Day at Sydney Bar Week (OPT)
- Sunday, 23 – Whisky Spirit Dinner
- Monday, 24 – Trade Day at Sydney Bar Week (OPT)
- Bartender Magazine ‘Movers & Shakers’ drinks
- Monday, 24 – Rum Spirit Dinner
- Monday, 24 – Jameson Bartender Ball
- Tuesday, 25 – Tequila Long Lunch
- Tuesday, 25 – Australian Bar Awards – Dolton House, Pyrmont
**For exhibitor and sponsorship opportunities contact David Spanton email@example.com or 0407 551 149.
Follow Sydney Bar Week as it happens
You’ll be able to follow all the action throughout the week if you stay abreast of these dedicated social media sites.
That way you’ll never miss a thing!
Location, Location, Location
In 2012 Sydney Bar Week will be taking over the Overseas Passenger Terminal (OPT) in the heart of the city’s CBD.
It is the perfect waterside location to show off the best of Sydney to both consumers and trade visitors while they enjoy everything that the Australian bar scene has to offer.
Theatres, Tours, Parties & Events
Sydney Bar Week will be hosting a huge range of activities to keep you educated, stimulated and liquefied and as usual the Bartender of the Year Competition and the Bartender Magazine Australian Bar Awards will wrap-up this week-long extravaganza. Some of what’s on offer during the week…
- Bar Week Workshops: Off the back of the successful David Wondrich workshop in 2011, this year will be bigger and better with exciting international guests.
- Spirit Dinners: Educational degustation style events where a range of premium spirits will be matched with food and hosted by a leading ambassadors or spirits aficionados – contact David Spanton to find out how you can have your brands involved.
- Bar Week ‘After Parties’: There are opportunities for two exhibitors to host their own VIP ‘After Parties’ – either Sunday, September 23 or Monday, September 24. These events will receive pre and post event supports from Spanton Media Group including Australian Bartender magazine & various social media platforms.
- Small Bar Tours: Join Martin O’Sullivan (owner of Grasshopper and President for the NSW Small Bar Association) on a tour of Sydney’s coolest small bars – very limited availability.
- Historical Pub Tour: Take the tour and drop into a few of Sydney’s oldest watering holes while learning the history of hotels past and present.
So make sure you get involved in 2012!
For exhibitor and sponsorship opportunities contact David Spanton firstname.lastname@example.org or 0407 551 149