Returning for another year, with a new challenge and an exciting new prize: The Perfect Blend 2020.
The Perfect Blend is back for another year, and you’ve got the chance to win a bartender’s trip of a lifetime with three unique experiences: a VIP tour of our very own Beam Suntory distilleries in Scotland; then experiencing the excitement of London Cocktail Week; and a chance to go behind the scenes of Lyaness, working alongside some of the world’s best bartenders and being inspired by the Lyaness way.
Entries are now open — take a look at this year’s submission brief below.
A TOAST TO…
This year we raise a toast in celebration of the people, places, dates or occasions that mean the most to us.
While the ritual varies across cultures, the act is one unique to humanity. The Perfect Blend invites you to craft the perfect cocktail of celebration!
Using at least one of the award winning brands from the Beam Suntory portfolio*, tell us the story of your toast.
Is your toast to a mentor, an achievement, maybe a new adventure or milestone? Whatever it may be, innovate, create and share with us what it is you’re toasting to.
Who knows, maybe we will end up toasting you…
ENTRIES CLOSE NOV 4TH(11.59pm)
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
- Create a cocktail that reflects the submission brief ‘A TOAST TO…’
- Define your level of entry. 1. Apprentice – 2 years or LESS in the INDUSTRY, OR 2. Professional – 2 years or MORE in the INDUSTRY
- Enter your details
- Select your Hero spirit from the Beam Suntory portfolio
- Share your signature serve and the story behind it
- RULES ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN, BUT IN THIS CASE, WE ADVISE AGAINST IT. IF YOU BREAK THEM, YOUR ENTRY WILL BE NON-COMPLIANT AND THEREFORE NOT JUDGED.
- Participants must create a NEW (unpublished), imaginative and delicious cocktail
- Homemade ingredients are welcome
- All ingredients used must be expressed in ‘mls’ or for small quantities as dashes, drops, wedges etc
- The cocktail must be composed of a maximum of six (6) ingredients (including drops/ dashes)
- Ice and garnishes are NOT included as ingredients
- The cocktail must hero a brand from the selection of Beam Suntory products stated on the entry form below
- Your cocktail can be created in any style and served in any glass
- The cocktail must contain a minimum of 45mls of one or more products from the Beam Suntory portfolio. (e.g. 30ml Maker’s Mark, 15ml Bols Triple Sec)
- Your cocktail must NOT exceed 75ml of alcohol
NOTE: This is a Beam Suntory competition – it’s best to use our brands where possible… just a heads up!
And the winners will carry the legacy as mentors for future master blenders.
So get creating — head to The Blend website to take part.
We advise reading the rules before entering!