Returning for another year, with a new challenge and an exciting new prize: The Perfect Blend 2019.
Entries are now open.
It’s time to master your craft, creating your signature concoction that reflects one of the two options for inspiration.
1. ‘Minimal Waste, Maximum taste’, OR 2. ‘That moment in time…’
The Perfect Blend, continues with the sustainability messaging and provides bartenders with an option to create a cocktail reflective of ‘’Minimal waste, Maximum taste’ demonstrating understanding of how to create second-use recipes, minimising wastage in bars.
The second option is up to your own individual interpretation of ‘That moment in time..’ This can be anything from a historical moment in time, a life changing moment or a moment that evokes nostalgia, it’s up to you…
The challenge awaits.
Entries open September 4th, and close October 28th
- Entry is simple, log on to www.the-blend.com.au.
- Choose your entry category, Apprentice or Professional (2 years or less for Apprentice, and professional 2 years or more in the INDUSTRY.)
- Choose your journey – MINIMAL WASTE/ MAXIMUM TASTE or THAT MOMENT IN TIME…
- Select your ‘hero’ Spirit from the Beam Suntory portfolio available
- Describe in detail the journey you have chosen and why?
- Submit your entry and join us on the 2018 Journey!
The prize: The ultimate bartenders trip!
A winner from each category will travel across the globe to the home of Bourbon, Kentucky visiting the distilleries Maker’s Mark and Jim beam —receiving the VIP treatment along the way, then off to Bar Convent Brooklyn in New York, experiencing some of the world’s best bars.
And the winners will carry the legacy as mentors for future master blenders.
So get creating — head to The Blend website to take part.
We advise reading the rules before entering!
WINNER OF TRAINING PROGRAM OF THE YEAR 2016/2017