Hayley Dixon, Proximo Australia’s Tequila Specialist, who has been slinging drinks on the bar scene since she was legally able to, practices what she preaches; making simple, seasonal drinks with intention behind every ingredient. “Add correct temperature and attention to dilution and you have yourself a perfect drink,” she says.
- 35 ml Jose Cuervo Tradicional Silver
- 15 ml mezcal
- 15 ml orange shrub
- 15 ml grapefruit oleo
- raspberry soda
- Press one side of a chilled highball glass in to freeze-dried raspberry powder and set aside.
- Shake all ingredients, except the soda, with ice.
- Strain into the prepared highball and top with soda.
- Garnish with a preserved cherry.