Plantation Rum, the global rum brand infamous for celebrating the diversity of rum and terroir, has launched their first trade competition open to all members of the hospitality industry.
Rum is one of the most diverse spirits that exists. Each country or production zone is its own unique “terroir” with unique characteristics, a particular soil, traditional growing patterns, and specific techniques. The same can be said for the people in bars, who flaunt their own signature styles, by hosting, drink making, venue preparation, serving and more, using their expert know-how to creating experiences for their guests, or as Alexandre Gabriel, Master Blender of Plantation Rum calls it, their ‘savoir-faire’. This bodes the Plantation Rum Cup.
Just as a venue does with its people, Plantation Rum is about showcasing the unique terroirs of rums from all over the world – from the Caribbean to South America and the Asia Pacific – they use individual ‘savoir-faire’ to bring to light each signature style.
The Plantation Rum Cup is an all-inclusive competition extended to the whole team of a venue who create or enhance the guests’ experience – as everyone knows, it’s not only the bartender that represents the venue.
The competition is divided into 3 stages:
- Cocktail Creation and Promotion
- Finalist Judging
- Grand Final
A team will consist of two team members and a maximum of three, including at least one bartender, and one person from another area of the venue. This is limitless! It can be the barback, chef, waiter, host – from any section of the hospitality industry.
Together, the team creates a Plantation Rum cocktail using rums from the Bartender Classics or the Signature Blends ranges and promotes for a minimum of 6 weeks in their venue, with final start date for promotion by 12 July.
Points will be awarded based on:
- Cocktail Sales (not bottle sales)
- In-Venue & Social Media Promotion
- Ingredients and recipe
Each cocktail will be made and judged in an off-location setting, to ensure a fair assessment of each recipe by all teams across Australia & New Zealand.
Finalists will be announced via the Plantation Rum Asia Pacific Facebook & Instagram page on 1 September.
The Grand Final will see one finalist from each territory to be flown and accommodated during Sydney Bar Week, from 19-22 September to compete. Each team will receive:
- Flights & Accommodation to Sydney
- Chance to attend events held at Sydney Bar Week
- Tickets to the inaugural Bar Awards
On Monday, 20 September, each team will compete against each other for the first major title of Plantation Rum’s kind, a luxury experience provided in the winners’ home location and Plantation Rum support to sponsor a venues’ ‘Welcome to Summer’ Party on 1 December 2021.
To register your venue, cocktail and team to be considered as a finalist for the Grand Final at Sydney Bar Week, head to the official entry website at plantationrumcup.com
For more information, contact your local Proof & Company representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- OVERVIEW – What your team needs to do:
- Create a Plantation Rum based cocktail and promote in venue for a minimum of 6 weeks until the 23 Start Date must be no later than 12 July.
- Each team must register their team, venue, and cocktail by no later than 12 July at plantationrumcup.com/register-now/
- The team solidify their ‘savoir-faire’ of their cocktail and how to promote in-venue
- Share and promote their cocktail in-venue and on venue social media, tagging #plantationrumcup, #plantationrum and @plantationrumasiapacific
More information can be found on the competition website plantationrumcup.com
- 12 July – Registrations Close
- 23 August – Promotion period ends
- 1 September – Finalists announced
- 19-22 September – Trip to Sydney Bar Week
- 20 September – Grand Final