It’s hard to believe – but it’s coming to that time of the year once more; time to get your vote on for the only national awards night dedicated to our beloved bar industry.
As of March 1 voting will be open for the Australian Bar Awards at www.barshow.com.au so head there soon to check out the new website and to be part of what promises to be another action packed event on the Australian hospitality industry’s calendar.
And be sure to also check out the March issue of Bartender Magazine for more detailed information about how to vote as well as the categories up for nomination.
Voting is open from March 1 until 12pm May 31 with full rules and categories explained on www.barshow.com.au
- One vote per person
- Online trade voting opens 1 March 2011 and closes 31 May 2011
- All voting will be online: www.barshow.com.au
- All categories must be filled in or the vote will be void
- Votes for your own venue (or venues in a company portfolio) are worth 1 point, votes for other venues are worth 2 points
- Trade votes will continue to determine the seven finalists in each category (announced in the July issue of Bartender)
- The trade vote will also count for 70 per cent of the FINAL OUTCOME
- The judging panel (comprised of reps from suppliers to the trade and industry professionals who do not work for bars) will account for 30 per cent of the final vote
- NB: If you wish to compete in the Bartender of the Year competition, you MUST vote for yourself to be eligible for nomination