A cocktail competition like no other…
Most cocktail competitions are ultimately about the drink, the presentation, and the showmanship!? This is about supporting one another, education, career, and self-development.
It’s the perfect blend of competition, growth, & community.
You heard that right, The Perfect Blend is back, and two (2) lucky bartenders have the chance to WIN a trip of a lifetime with three (3) unique experiences. Firstly, a VIP tour of our very own award-winning Beam Suntory distilleries in Scotland; secondly heading to London to experience the excitement of an industry trade event, connecting with Bartenders from across the globe, and lastly visiting some of the world’s best bars, personally meeting the industry mentors who operate and own them! A week of education, connection, and exploration, not forgetting a ton of fun!
No matter your level of experience, if you’re brand new to bartending, or been in the industry for a while, we welcome and invite everyone to take part!
If you’ve been behind the bar for less than two (2) years, and are an aspiring bartender, we invite you to enter The Perfect Blend cocktail competition Apprentice Category. This category allows and gives space for you to not feel intimidated especially if it’s your first time. This can be an incredible opportunity to showcase your skills and passion for the craft among your peers of similar experience. This competition provides a platform for you to challenge yourself and push the boundaries of your creativity whilst learning off industry mentors and the Professional Category competitors, sharing ideas, and being inspired whilst being supported and mentored throughout.
On the other hand, seasoned Professionals, The Perfect Blend has something for you too! If you’ve been in the industry for a longer time, you can greatly benefit from entering. Various stages of the competition allow you to stay up to date with the latest trends and techniques in the ever-evolving world of cocktails from the industry mentors that we’ve partnered with from some of the world’s best bars. We’ve challenges to push you to think outside the box and experiment with new flavours and ingredients, plus immersive experiences at both regional finals and those who make it to the Grand Final event to excite, motivate and ignite those inner creative pulses.
Previous finalists, we are calling you back! If you’ve been in the competition before, and wish to return, we hope the introduction of a brand-new prize and a fresh competition brief adds a whole new level of intrigue and challenge. Additionally, participating again provides a chance to reconnect with fellow bartenders and industry professionals from Australia and New Zealand, strengthening existing relationships and forming new ones plus recalling those great memories from previous years.
Entries are now open — and it couldn’t be simpler.
CHOOSE YOUR JOURNEY: COCKTAIL SUBMISSION BRIEF.
Our brands are iconic, world leaders in bourbon and the pioneer in Japanese whisky, with deep heritage, passion for quality and legacy.
Create a drink around TRADITION and what that means to you. Whether that be family tradition, cultural traditions, a yearly tradition among friends or even a daily tradition among your bar team to kick start your shift. Traditions can be large or small, but just as meaningful. Tell the story of tradition through flavour and our brands.
Technology today is greatly impacting how people portray their character. In response, The Blend encourages creation of a drink that portrays an individual’s personality. Create a cocktail that unveils/or portrays your inner personality traits. Create a ‘Cocktail of Character’. Be loud, proud, quiet, cheeky, bold, adventurous, shy, serious, calm, a joker, a provoker, a lover. Be you. Authentically you. ?_____________
Using at least one of the award-winning brands from the Beam Suntory portfolio*, tell us the story of your chosen brief TRADITION OR PERSONALITY.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
- Create a cocktail that reflects the submission brief ‘TRADITION’ or ‘PERSONALITY’
- Define your level of entry.
- Apprentice – 2 years or LESS behind the bar, OR 2. Professional – 2 years or MORE behind the bar.
- Enter your details online at www.theblend.world/en-au.
- Select your Hero spirit from the Beam Suntory portfolio. (*List available online)
- Share your signature serve and the story behind it. Then…SEND IT!
- RULES ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN, BUT IN THIS CASE, WE ADVISE AGAINST IT. IF YOU BREAK THEM, YOUR ENTRY WILL BE NON-COMPLIANT AND THEREFORE NOT JUDGED.
- Participants must create a NEW (unpublished), imaginative and delicious cocktail.
- The cocktail must be composed of a maximum of six (6) ingredients (including drops/ dashes)
- Homemade ingredients are welcome. (If creating a shrub, soda or syrup with multiple ingredients, ie. Lemon, rosemary, honey, lavender soda – these count as 1 ingredient.)
- Ice and garnishes are NOT included as ingredients.
- The cocktail must hero a brand from the selection of Beam Suntory products stated on the entry form.
- The cocktail must contain a minimum of 45mls of one or more products from the Beam Suntory portfolio. (e.g. 30ml Maker’s Mark, 15ml Galliano Vanilla)
- Your cocktail must NOT exceed 75ml of alcohol.
- Enter as many times as you like! FULL T&C’s on website.
KEY DATES & STAGES OF THE COMPETITION.
- ENTRIES CLOSE: 6th NOVEMBER 11.59pm (AEST)
- REGIONAL FINALISTS ANNOUNCED LATE NOVEMBER
- STATE ‘WELCOME SESSIONS’ & PHOTOGRAPHY DECEMEBER
- WORLD BARTENDER DAY FEB 24th
- 2 DAY IMMERSIVE REGIONAL FINALS EVENTS WA, VIC, SA/NT, VIC/TAS, QLD, NZ (MARCH/APRIL)
- GRAND FINAL – JUNE
- WINNERS TRIP TO UK- JULY
LEARN. CREATE. CONNECT.
The announcement of The Perfect Blend returning featured on the front cover of the August edition of Australian Bartender Magazine #270.