If a bar team is what makes a bar great, it is essential that the team is led well. While the bar manager is often in the background, each year for the Bar Awards we highlight some of the very best in the game — see below for the finalists for Bar Manager of the Year.
The finalists for the 19th Annual Bartender Magazine Australian Bar Awards will be announced soon, when the July issue lands in bars, and ahead of that we’re unveiling the finalists in a few award categories.
The Bar Awards takes place on Tuesday the 17th of September this year during Bar Week, and is just one of the many great events in store for Sydney Bar Week this year, taking place from the 14th to the 18th of September — click here to visit barweek.com.au and check out the full timetable. There’s some 35-odd events happening over the five days, with RSVPs for some events open now. RSVP ASAP to make sure you don’t miss out.
Take a look at the finalists below.
BAR MANAGER OF THE YEAR
Proudly sponsored by Pernod Ricard
A good manager can make or break a bar business. They navigate the delicate terrain between bar staff and owners, surround themselves with great staff, and lead from the front.
- Alex Gilmour, Cantina OK! NSW
- Alex Lange, Miss Moneypenny’s QLD
- Alissa Gabriel, Mjolner Sydney NSW
- Daniel Gregory, Evolve Spirits Bar TAS
- Evan Stroeve, Bulletin Place NSW
- Kayla Reid, Savile Row QLD
- Kevin Peters, The Esplanade Hotel VIC
- Mary White, The Lobo Plantation NSW
- Steve Davis, Opera Bar NSW
- Tom Kearney, Panama Social WA