Do you want to be a part of the Bartender magazine & Sydney Bar Week team? Does writing about drinks, travel, drinks styling and cocktail bartending interest you?
There is a full-time job opportunity to join the team at Bartender magazine. We are relaunching all our major events this year and we are looking for a dynamic person to join our team across both our media and bar businesses.
This is a great opportunity to get experience in media and events while staying connected to the amazing Australian bar industry.
What will the job entail?
- There will be a 50/50 split between Bartender magazine & events work (in office at Crows Nest) and cocktail bartending at Piccolo Bar Kings Cross
- For Bartender magazine:
- Writing drinks and bar content for Bartender magazine including interviews, bar profiles and drinks features
- Organising and attending photoshoots and working on portfolio of events including the Indie Spirits Tasting, Bar Awards & Sydney Bar Week
- Attending supplier events and representing Bartender magazine
- Attending and working at interstate Indie events
- For Piccolo Bar:
- Cocktail bartending shifts at our specialty aperitivo bar, Piccolo Bar Kings Cross @piccolobarkingscross
Who should apply?
- A professional cocktail bartender with a passion for writing and an interest in spirits and drinks
- Excellent writing skills are essential
- A passion for the bar industry
- The successful candidate will need to live in Sydney (or be willing to relocate)
- Available to work full-time hours (a mix of nights and days)
- Attractive full-time salary (with tips from shifts at Piccolo)
If this sounds like you, then please email email@example.com with your CV and a cover letter by Tuesday, 8th February.